Experiment 1: Day 4 - 5

As you can see in the pictures, the wine started fermenting - there is foam with bubbles on the surface and sediment on the bottom. The analysis showed that the sugars started to drop down - this means that the sugars began converting to alcohol. What I see is that the white must ferment faster than the red one. I guess it needs to cool down a bit. The next time I will try to create some patent so I can regulate the temperature of each ferment - any ideas?



This is the link to the fermentation monitoring: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mLQVFdRuoVc6-JLPSalp7-JILbds15dN4H70uX2bRB0/edit?usp=sharing

Once the sugar levels reach 0, the temperature starts falling down. That means that the yeast has transferred most of the sugars and is not so active anymore. I will wait until the sugar falls to the value 0 / -1 and watch the surface of the must - If there are no bubbles/foam the fermentation is over, and you can pass to final filtration/siphoning. I will show you how to do that next time...

Comments

Popular Posts